<< 唐顿庄园 第2季 第xE1集>>
-
1. And I'll make something of myself, I promise.
我发誓我会出人头地的。
-
2. I know you will.
我知道你行。
-
3. Then bet on me.
那就把注压在我身上。
-
4. And if your family casts you off, it won't be forever.
即使家里人赶你出门也不会持续太久。
-
5. They'll come around.
他们会重新接受你的。
-
6. And until they do,I promise to devote every waking minute to your happiness.
而在那之前,我发誓我会不遗余力地谋求你的幸福。
-
7. I'm terribly flattered.
我真受宠若惊。
-
8. - Don't say that. - Why not?
-别那么说 -为什么。
-
9. Because 'flattered' is a word posh people use
因为上流人士在拒绝别人之前。
-
10. when they're getting ready to say no.
都会先说"受宠若惊"。