<< 纸牌屋 第2季 第13集>>
-
1. What politician hasn't dreamed about what it would be like
哪个政客没想过。
-
2. to take the oath of the highest office of our land?
宣誓执掌国家最高权力。
-
3. I've stared at your desk in the Oval and coveted it.
我曾盯着您的总统办公桌看 觊觎它。
-
4. The power, the prestige.
权力 威望。
-
5. Those things have a strong pull on someone like me,who came from a small South Carolina town with nothing.
那些东西对我这样一个来自南卡罗来纳州,一座小镇 曾一无所有的人来说有致命的吸引力。
-
6. But since you assumed office,my only aim has been to fight for you
但自您就职时起,我唯一的目标就是为您而战。
-
7. and alongside you,whether that be in Congress or as now,the battle over impeachment.
与您并肩作战,无论是在国会还是现在,在这场弹劾之战中。
-
8. Maybe one day I'll have my chance to serve as president,but not while you are the nation's leader.
或许有一天 我有幸能成为总统,但绝不是您在任期间。
-
9. And in you, sir, I see a brave man.
在您身上 我看到了勇敢。
-
10. A just man. A president whom I would follow anywhere,no matter how strong the wind blows against us.
看到了正直 您是我愿意永远追随的总统,无论我们遇到多大的阻力。