<< 纸牌屋 第3季 第11集>>
-
1. You want your kids to have a head start,to have an advantage over the kids in public schools.
你希望你的孩子赢在起跑线上,胜过那些上公立学校的孩子。
-
2. Lots of Americans, of all ranges of income,choose to send their children to private or parochial schools.
许多收入水平各不相同的美国人,都选择送他们的孩子上私立或教区学校。
-
3. But isn't it true that you want your children
但你希望你的孩子比其他孩子。
-
4. to have a leg up on everyone else?
更胜一筹 不是吗。
-
5. Is that balancing the scales? Or is that hypocrisy?
这是平衡差距吗 还是虚伪。
-
6. Or maybe it's that you didn't want to raise them yourself
或许 你是根本不想亲自养育他们。
-
7. so you sent them to boarding school.
才送他们去上寄宿学校。
-
8. You must really want to be president.
看来你真的很想当总统。
-
9. I would never in a million years
我永远都不会。
-
10. bring up your children in a debate.
在辩论中提到你的孩子。