<< 唐顿庄园 第3季 第S03E05集>>
-
1. There's been no...investment.
这里毫无...投入。
-
2. Papa would say you can't abandon people just because they grow old.
爸爸会说 不能因为别人变老就抛弃人家。
-
3. I agree, but it would be cheaper to give him a free cottage,and work this land as it should be worked.
我同意 但是送他一间村舍,然后好好耕耘这块地 不是更经济吗。
-
4. I see. And you don't think Papa understands that?
我明白了 你觉得爸爸不懂这个吗。
-
5. Maybe he harks back to a time when money was abundant.
也许他还沉浸在不愁吃穿的日子里。
-
6. There wasn't much need to keep on top of it.
认为没必要在乎收入来源。
-
7. I think he equates being business-like with being mean.
我看他是把务实看做是刻薄。
-
8. Or worse, middle-class like me.
或是更糟 像我这样 很中产阶级。
-
9. The middle classes have their virtues, and husbandry is one.
中产阶级也有自己的优点 比如善于经营。
-
10. We ought to get back.
我们该回去了。