<< 唐顿庄园 第5季 第Downton.Abbey.S05E01集>>
-
1. - Do you know that footman? - Yes, he used to work for me.
-您认识那个男仆吗 -他以前是我的仆人。
-
2. It's always nice to see a friendly face.
见到熟人总是件好事。
-
3. Especially a friendly, pretty face.
尤其是帅气的熟人呢。
-
4. I'm not convinced these memorials are a good idea,but I suppose that's a different issue.
我不觉得建什么纪念碑是件好事,但那又是另话了。
-
5. Why not? Won't they give people a focus for their sorrow?
有何不可呢 能让人寄托哀思。
-
6. And a reminder of the sacrifices that were made.
也能纪念我们付出的牺牲。
-
7. If it were a memorial service, then I might agree,but a stone edifice on the center of the green,to remind us for ever of death
如果是追悼会 那我或许不会反对,但在绿地中央建个石碑,永远提醒我们逝去的生命。
-
8. and a pointless war - what's the good of that?
和一场无谓的战争 那有什么好的呢。
-
9. To say nothing of the waste of money.
更不要说还浪费钱。
-
10. Forgive me, but you're talking nonsense.
恕我直言 但你是在说胡话呢。